Policies and Procedures
Stockport Safeguarding Children Partnership have adopted the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Children Procedures Manual
Stockport child death overview panel – statutory responsibilities and arrangements
This document details the process that the council and Stockport CCG will undertake to ensure that all child deaths are reviewed under the requirements of the Children Act 2004 as amended by the Children and Social Work Act 2017 and Working Together 2018. We’re fully committed to “the process of systematically reviewing the deaths of children which is grounded in respect for the rights of children and their families, with the intention of learning what happened and why, and preventing future child deaths.” (Working Together to Safeguard Children, 2018).
For further information on any of the responsibilities and arrangements please email:
Stockport Pathway for Service from Children’s Social Care
- If you’ve any concerns about the welfare of a child and/or you want to seek a service from Children’s Social Care or the Supporting Families Pathway please ring the Contact Centre on 0161 217 6028 (Out Of Hours 0161 718 2188).
- Stockport Child Protection Referral form
- Stockport Family Early Help Assessment (EHA)
Supplementary Stockport Procedures
Stockport retains a small number of procedures specific to Stockport which are supplementary to the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Procedures:
- Stockport self harm policy (PDF 2Mb)
- Stockport Multi Agency Guidance on Levels of Needs (PDF 1.56Mb)
- Stockport Multi Agency Step Up Step Down Protocol (PDF 78Kb)
- Mongolian blue spot protocol (PDF 724Kb)
- Tips for working with families where there is disguised resistance/compliance (PDF 279Kb)
- Stockport Family two page guide – Transition to Adult Services
- All Age Neglect Strategy (PDF 136Kb)
Safeguarding children in specific circumstances
- Stockport Female Genital Mutilation Pathway Dec 2015 – PDF (438 Kb)
- So-called Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage Strategy and Action Plan 2019-21 – PDF (1Mb)
Early Years practitioners and Childminders
A step by step guide for Early Years practitioners. The safeguarding cards below contain information about what to do if you’re concerned about the welfare of a child.
7 minute briefings
- Keeping vulnerable babies in mind (366Kb)
- Safe sleep for babies (PDF 371Kb)
- Neglect and the Older Child (PDF 218Kb)
If you have any queries please contact the SSCP Business Manager, either by phone on 0161 474 5657 or via email.
Concerned about a child?
Ring 0161 217 6028 (Out of Hours 0161 718 2118)