Policies and Procedures
Stockport Safeguarding Children Board have adopted the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Children Procedures Manual
Stockport Pathway for Service from Children’s Social Care
- If you have any concerns about the welfare of a child and/or you want to seek a service from Children’s Social Care or the Supporting Families Pathway please ring the Contact Centre on 0161 217 6028 (Out Of Hours 0161 718 2188).
- View the Stockport Child Protection Referral form.
- View the Stockport Family Early Help Assessment (EHA).
Supplementary Stockport Procedures
Stockport retains a small number of procedures specific to Stockport which are supplementary to the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Procedures:
- Stockport multi agency self harm policy (PDF 704kb)
- Young People and Self-Harm in Stockport. School version (PDF 2mb)
- Stockport Multi Agency Guidance on Levels of Needs (PDF 1.56Mb)
- Stockport Multi Agency Step Up Step Down Protocol (PDF 78Kb)
- Multi-Agency Learning Reviews (PDF 58Kb)
- Graded Care Profile (PDF 584kb)
- Graded Care Profile with Pictures Updated 22nd November 2012 (PDF 201kb)
- SSCB Learning and Improvement Case Panel – Multi-Agency Learning Reviews PDF 178kb)
- Neglect in Stockport and the role of the graded care profile (Word Doc 20Kb)
- 9 steps to improving neglect assessments (PDF 251Kb)
- Principles of Working – Stockport YOS and CSC Nov 2016 (PDF 428Kb)
- Guidance for Visiting Families (PDF 78Kb)
- Policy Checklist (PDF 90Kb)
- IRO role in TAC meetings and IRO consultation (PDF 144Kb)
- Mongolian blue spot protocol (PDF 724Kb)
- Tips for working with families where there is disguised resistance/compliance (PDF 279Kb)
- Stockport Social Work Assessments (PDF 3.3Mb)
- Partnership Supervision Pathway (PDF 467Kb)
- Stockport Missing Children Strategy (PDF 224Kb)
Safeguarding children in specific circumstances
- Stockport Female Genital Mutilation Pathway Dec 2015 – PDF (438 KB)
- Local Procedure for Child Sexual Exploitation in Stockport – Revised Sept 2015 (PDF 288KB)
Early Years practitioners and Childminders
A step by step guide for Early Years practitioners. The safeguarding cards below contain information about what to do if you’re concerned about the welfare of a child.
- Stockport PVI Safeguarding Guidance Final v1 (Word 343kb)
- NHS Bichard Assessment Prompt (Word 184kb)
- NHS Bichard Assessment Tool (Word 79kb)
If you have any queries please contact the SSCB Business Manager, either by phone on 0161 474 5657 or via email.
Concerned about a child?
Ring 0161 217 6028 (Out of Hours 0161 718 2118)