Policies and Procedures
- Safeguarding Children in Stockport have adopted the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Children Procedures Manual
- Resolving Professional Disagreements/Escalation Policy for Greater Manchester
NHS England has published When a Child Dies: A Guide for Parents and Carers, setting out the steps that follow the death of a child.
The collation and sharing of the learning from reviews is managed by the National Child Mortality Database (NCMD) through the use of standardised forms.
From the 1 April 2021, all child death notifications must be reported electronically via the Greater Manchester eCDOP system.
It’s a statutory requirement to notify the CDOP of all child deaths, aged 0 to 17 years of age. If there are a number of agencies involved, liaison should take place to agree which agency will submit the notification. You must provide as much information as possible to the CDOP.
For more information on any of the responsibilities and arrangements please email:
Child abuse or neglect
Do not ignore it:
- call 0161 217 6028 – Monday to Thursday from 8.30am to 5pm, Friday from 8.30am to 4.30pm
- or 0161 718 2118 – evenings and weekends
Stockport Pathway for Service from Children’s Social Care
If you’ve any concerns about the welfare of a child and/or you want to seek a service from Children’s Social Care or the Supporting Families Pathway, call the Contact Centre on 0161 217 6028 or 0161 718 2188 out of hours.
Supplementary Stockport Procedures
Stockport retains a small number of procedures specific to Stockport which are supplementary to the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Procedures:
- Stockport self harm policy (PDF 2Mb)
- Stockport’s Multi Agency Response to Need guidance document (PDF 451Kb)
For information about blue or grey birthmarks please see guidance below from the NHS in conjunction with the relevant chapter in Greater Manchester Procedures Online.
Early Years practitioners and Childminders
A step by step guide for Early Years practitioners. The safeguarding cards below contain information about what to do if you’re concerned about the welfare of a child.
7 minute briefings
- Keeping vulnerable babies in mind (PDF 366Kb)
- Safe sleep for babies (PDF 371Kb)
- Neglect and the Older Child (PDF 218Kb)
- Serious Case Review – Child E 7 minute briefing (PDF 152Kb)
- Honour based violence (PDF 903Kb)
- Baby M (PDF 152Kb)
- Out of area processes (PDF 215Kb)
- Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy (SUDI) panel report (PDF 199Kb)
- Contextual safeguarding July 2021 (PDF 99Kb)
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) (PDF 426Kb)
- Baby S (PDF 199Kb)
- Avoiding victim blaming language (PDF 191Kb)
- Myth of invisible men (PDF 247Kb)
- Child G and Child H (PDF 141Kb)
- Child F (PDF 192Kb)
- Child A (PDF 275Kb)
If you have any queries contact the SSCP Business Manager:
- call: 0161 474 5657
- email: email@example.com