About usThe Stockport Safeguarding Children Board has the lead role in co-ordinating and improving services to safeguard children and young people in Stockport.
The Stockport Safeguarding Children Board has agreed the following definition of safeguarding:"To ensure children are kept safe from harm and to create an environment to promote their well being and life chances"
The Stockport Safeguarding Children Board has extended the definition of safeguarding to include prevention and promotion of welfare, and has a remit to promote the safety and welfare of all children in Stockport, in addition to continuing to lead in the well established area of child protection for those who are vulnerable. The Stockport Safeguarding Children Board Objectives are:
- To develop and agree local policies and procedures for inter-agency work to protect children, within the national framework;
- To audit and evaluate how well local services work together to protect children;
- To put in place objectives and performance indicators;
- To encourage effective working relationships between services and professional groups, based on trust and mutual understanding;
- To ensure agreement across agencies about operational definitions and thresholds;
- To improve local ways of working based on knowledge from national and local experience and research, and to ensure lessons learned are acted upon;
- To undertake case reviews where a child has died or in certain circumstances has been seriously harmed;
- To help improve the quality of child protection work through inter agency training and development;
- To raise awareness within the wider community of the need to safeguard children and promote their welfare.
More information about SSCB
More information about the Stockport Safeguarding Children Board can be found at:
- SSCB Annual Report 2016 – 17 (PDF 462Kb)
- SSCB Statement of Committment Refreshed August 2017 (PDF 197Kb)
- Stockport, Tameside and Trafford Child Death Overview Panel Protocol (Word 421kb)
- Structure Chart (Word 246kb)
- Quality Assurance Learning and Improvement Framework Word 79Kb)
- Executive Summary Missing Children Problem Profile – Sep 2016 (PDF 357Kb)