About usThe Stockport Safeguarding Children Partnership was launched in June 2019 to replace the Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCB).
Following changes created by the Children and Social Work Act (2017), Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCB) ceased to exist and new Safeguarding Arrangements were required in local areas to oversee the effectiveness of multi-agency safeguarding activity. Within Stockport the Safeguarding Children Partnership (SSCP) was launched in June 2019 to replace the LSCB.
Read the Stockport Safeguarding Partnership document (PDF 2.6Mb) to find out more about the new arrangements.
Who we are
This new partnership consists of the 3 statutory partners, Stockport Council, Greater Manchester Police and the NHS Stockport Clinical Commissioning Group. These core partners have developed new arrangements with wider local partners to undertake the following functions:
- apply challenge and scrutiny to multi-agency safeguarding practice
- produce annual effectiveness reports that provide an insight into the arrangements activity and impact
- identify and conduct serious child safeguarding practice reviews
To work in partnership to support and safeguard the people of Stockport to enable them to live safe, healthy and, where possible, independent lives. Our new arrangements will seek to promote the safety and welfare of all children in Stockport, in addition to continuing to lead in the well-established area of child protection for those who are vulnerable.
Our aims for the next 3 years:
- develop local policies and procedures
- audit and evaluate how well local services work together to protect children
- ensure agreement across agencies about operational definitions and thresholds
- improve local ways of working and to ensure lessons learned are acted upon
- undertake case reviews
- improve the quality of child protection work through inter agency training and development
- raise awareness within the wider community of the need to safeguard children and promote their welfare.
As the arrangements develop more information will be become available. In the meantime if you wish to know more, please email the SSCP support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategic information documents