About usThe Stockport Safeguarding Children Partnership was launched in June 2019 to replace the Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCB).
Following changes created by the Children and Social Work Act (2017), new safeguarding arrangements were needed to oversee the effectiveness of multi-agency safeguarding activity. Within Stockport the Safeguarding Children Partnership (SSCP) was launched in June 2019.
Who we are
This new partnership consists of 3 statutory partners:
- Stockport Council
- Greater Manchester Police
- NHS Stockport Clinical Commissioning Group
These core partners have developed new arrangements with wider local partners to undertake the following functions:
- apply challenge and scrutiny to multi-agency safeguarding practice#
- produce annual effectiveness reports that provide an insight into the arrangements activity and impact
- identify and conduct serious child safeguarding practice reviews
Child abuse or neglect
Do not ignore it:
- call 0161 217 6028 – Monday to Thursday from 8.30am to 5pm, Friday from 8.30am to 4.30pm
- or 0161 718 2118 – evenings and weekends
To work in partnership to support and safeguard the people of Stockport to enable them to live safe, healthy and, where possible, independent lives. Our new arrangements seek to promote the safety and welfare of all children in Stockport, in addition to continuing to lead in the well-established area of child protection for those who are vulnerable.
Our aims for the next 3 years:
- develop local policies and procedures
- audit and evaluate how well local services work together to protect children
- ensure agreement across agencies about operational definitions and thresholds
- improve local ways of working and to ensure lessons learned are acted upon
- undertake case reviews
- improve the quality of child protection work through inter agency training and development
- raise awareness within the wider community of the need to safeguard children and promote their welfare.
As the arrangements develop more information will become available. If you need more information email the SSCP support team: email@example.com
Strategic information documents
- SSCP Annual Effectiveness Report 2019/20 (PDF 3Mb)
- SSCP-SSAB-Strategic-Plan-2017-2020 (PDF 403Kb)
- SSCP-SSAB Strategic Plan 2020-2023 (PDF 50Kb)
Meet the team
Front row left to right: Andy Addis, Business Manager, Stockport Safeguarding Children Partnership. Nuala O’Rourke, Head of Safeguarding Adults and Children. Julie Parker, Head Of Safeguarding/Designated Nurse Safeguarding Children, CCG. Tess Warburton, Quality Assurance Officer, Stockport Safeguarding Children Partnership. Back row left to right: Lee Woolfe, Business Manager, Safeguarding Adults Board. Gina Brennand, Detective Inspector, Stockport Police. Susan Holroyd, Quality Assurance Officer, Stockport Safeguarding Adults Board and Children Partnership. Dan Rowlands, Safeguarding Training Manager, Stockport Safeguarding Children Partnership. Rosie Rodwell, Stockport Performance and Development Manager, Domestic Abuse